Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dear Pooh, I love you too!


Before Sandy..
Before Sandy blew into our conciousness , well, it showed up in mine somewhere about 5 days it made its left hook, I was thinking about my "Ode to Pooh."  I am pretty obsessed with weather, it comes from growing up in Cleveland, OH, and being part of a family that incorporates the weather into every conversation we have - because, well, you always have weather..

Pooh and Pam - The Early Days
When I was a lucky little grade school girl, my parents took us to Disney World.  This was not long after it opened - imagine me in plaid pants, shag hair cut.  I burned all those pictures but here are some great pics I found that are representative of the fashion of the times.



 It was during that trip that I learned some harsh lessons, like, sales tax.  I grew up in Delaware, so there was no such thing as sales tax (still isn't).  Imagine my horror after eyeing this little fellow for days in the gift shop, bringing down the precise amount, and finding out I did not have enough money..Thankfully, my parents had a few pennies left from this trip, and gave me the sales tax. Below is my little purchase, he has been with me for nearly 40 years..yep, you do the math.

Pooh circa 1972, now in my bathroom, love you Pooh.
Pooh - The Middle YearsPooh and I both grew up and during those years between being a little kid and being a mom, I still lived a Pooh existence.   This is pretty much my Tao of Pooh during high school and college.



Classic Pooh vs. The Other Pooh - Nursery Fashion Wars
Somewhere in the mid-90's I grew up, got a job and could no longer subscribe to the "Value of Doing Nothing" if I wanted to live a glamorous lifestyle. But, I still loved Pooh.  When we got the word that our party of two would be a party of three, we were plunged into the Pooh Nursery Fashion Wars.  Did you know there are two worlds of Pooh?  If you have ever been lucky enough to have a baby shower or attend one of these amazingly boring events, you know what I am talking about. Apparently "Classic Pooh" is nouveau Pooh, while Pooh of my youth was no longer in vogue. See the style wars below.


Classic Pooh

Not Classic Pooh - though Classic
These were troubling times for those who love Pooh.  How could there be high society Pooh and déclassé Pooh?  But there is one thing I learned throughout all this...


Having a baby will change your world..and all of a sudden, the Pooh above makes so much sense. 

OMG its the Real Pooh...and Friends..

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you.

“I might have known,” said Eeyore. “After all, one can’t complain. I have my friends."

I wouldn't trade it for anything. Never, no, never. Your friendship is the best present ever. 

 Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day. 


Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. 

Pooh...Present...

What else can you say..



Add you own caption..


















No comments:

Post a Comment